A couple of tips for choosing your shoes:
- If you had problems in the past with shoes feeling too loose or too tight over the instep, go for a model with more lacing so that you have room for adjustment (have a look at FELIX, HERLIK, ORIK or HOSKA).
- If you sometimes get scratched ankles from shoes, we recommend going for a shoe model with a padded collar to minimise the risk (check out FELIX, VELIK or VIKLA).
- If you are just starting with barefoot shoes and are not used to the wider look, try FELIX, where the toe-box style visually narrows the shoe.
- In case you find one of your feet longer or wider than the other, choose your size based on the larger foot.
- Left foot often tends to be a little bigger than the right foot.
- Measure your feet at the end of the day as feet are likely to get larger through the day.
Finding your size
1) Download an insole outline based on your expectation or the size chart below:
printable sizes →
Print the page in A4 format and at 100% scale, check the measure with a ruler.
2) Place your foot on the sheet, make sure your heel is on the line. The sheet shows two outlines, one for the regular and one for the wide shoe option.
3) If your foot fits in the outline in terms of length and you have a little bit of space (about 0,5 - 1cm / 0,2 – 0,4 inches) in front of your toes, this should be your size. If your toes are right on the edge, we recommend to size up. In barefoot shoes you should always have a bit of extra space in the toe-box so that your foot can move naturally while walking. But note that the inside of the shoe is always slightly bigger than the insole.
4) The feel of the shoe can also be influenced by other factors like the volume and shape of the foot, personal preference and so on.
Regular or wide?
Bohempia shoes are produced in two widths. The regular width is designed for average/narrow feet or people who are just starting out with barefoot shoes. The wide option suits people who usually find conventional footwear very narrow for their feet and typically look for wide shoe ranges. Also, the wide version is intended for people who have been wearing barefoot shoes for a long time and their feet naturally broadened. The regular sizes are not specifically marked. In the dropdown on the product page simply select your size (for example 36). The wide sizes are marked with a w (in the Select size dropdown go for 36w). If unsure about the width, download the A4 sheet above for your size that shows the insole outlines for both widths.
Barefoot shoes sizing chart
Barefoot shoes (mm)
|Width (wide - "w")||99||100||103||104||105||105||106||108||108||110||113||116|
Barefoot shoes sizing chart - US (INCH.)
|US size men||4,5||5,5||6||6,5||7||8||8,5||9,5||10||11||12||13|
|US size woman||5,5||6||7||8||8,5||9||10||10,5||11||12||13||14|
|Width (wide - "w")||3,89||3,93||4,05||4,09||4,09||4,17||4,17||4,25||4,25||4,33||4,45||4,57|
Barefoot shoes (inch)
|Width (wide - "w")||3.9||3.9||4.05||4.1||4.1||4.1||4.2||4.25||4.35||4.3||4.45||4.55|
The width is always measured horizontally in the widest point of the insole.
Why the extra space?
In barefoot shoes, it is recommended to have some free space around our feet. The reason is that barefoot shoes should allow our feet work naturally instead of restricting their movement in any way.
Keep in mind not to add too much space. Although the barefoot shoe should give you enough space to walk naturally, it is important that it isn’t too loose and you don’t feel like you have to hold the shoe in place with your toes while walking.
Because of having that extra space, the insole can sometimes start sliding in the shoe. In this case, we recommend securing the insole with double-sided tape. We do not glue our insoles in so that you can replace them with new ones after they wear out.
Wearing socks in your barefoot shoes will not only give you higher comfort, but it is also more hygienic for your feet. Also, when getting new winter barefoot boots think about adding more space for thicker socks.
Have we answered your questions? If not, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are not sure about the size of our clothes, take a look at the size charts, or compare your regular sizes with the following photos. In the photo, we always show the height of our models and the size of the clothes they are wearing.
Women’s T-Shirt (cm)
Women's sweatshirt (cm)
Men’s T-Shirt (cm)
Men's hoodies PERUT (cm)
Men’s Boxers (cm)